Privacy Matters. As a leader in the STEM education market, the learner is at the core of everything we do. Our customers have entrusted us with sensitive and personal information. We are keenly aware of the weight of these obligations and take our responsibility to you very seriously. This privacy statement covers how we collect, use, disclose, and process information.
Information We CollectInformation You Provide to Us
The Short Version. We collect information you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords, payment information, and information specific to services you use.
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us when registering on one of our websites or online services, when participating in activities on our websites (such as entering contests or giveaways), utilizing one of our services, or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- • Information About Individuals. We may collect your first and last name; email address; physical, mailing, and/or billing address; phone number; and other similar contact information.
- • User Account Information. We collect usernames, passwords, and similar security information used for authentication and access to accounts provided by our services.
The Short Version. Some information, such as IP address and browser and device type, are collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate our websites and online services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser type, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our services, and other technical information. This information may be collected using cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies.
Information Collected from Other Sources
The Short Version. We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties, that we may aggregate with information you provide to us. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include your job title and/or job classification, the educational institution(s) you serve, grade levels you teach or administer, or other details about the educational institution(s) you are associated with such as enrollment numbers, government funding sources, and purchasing patterns.
Our Corporate Sites may also utilize cookies, pixels, web beacons, or similar technologies to monitor the effectiveness of advertisements posted on other sites including social media sites, such as the Facebook "Custom Audience pixel." Any data collected in this manner is anonymized and does not include personal data from your social profiles. We do not utilize this technology on our Education Sites.
How We Use Your InformationThe Short Version. We use the information we collect to allow you to experience the services provided by the Sites.
Use of the information you provide to us includes the following:
- • Use of Site Functionality. The information you provide us is used to permit you access to the services and functionality provided by the Sites.
- • Personalized Experiences. The information you provide to us is used to personalize your experience by presenting projects and assignments tailored to your interests and activity on the Sites.
- • Our Business Purposes. Information collected may be anonymized or aggregated to fulfill business purposes such as data analysis, developing new or improved products and services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our educational content.
The information we collect from other sources is used to improve the accuracy and relevancy of the marketing information we provide to you, to associate your account with the appropriate institution(s), and for other business purposes including internal analytics and reporting purposes and continued innovation and improvements to our products, sites, and/or services.
Sharing of Your InformationThe Short Version. We share information only with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- • Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements). Fulfilling these obligations may require information to be shared outside your country or region of residence.
- • Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- • Vendors, Consultants, and Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our websites and services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- • Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- • Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- • With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our websites or services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in the United States, Canada, and other countries.
PITSCO complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States and has certified its compliance with it. As such, we are committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, PITSCO is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How We Protect Your InformationThe Short Version. We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our websites and services is at your own risk. You should access the services only within a secure environment.
Your Choices About Your InformationIf you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may opt out of receiving emails from us by following the instructions included at the bottom of each email. Please note, if you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you service-related emails for administrative purposes.
Following termination or deletion of an account, we may keep information or content for a reasonable period for backup, archival, or audit purposes, but all data will be deleted from production systems as soon as possible. We may retain anonymized or aggregated data for longer periods to fulfill business purposes such as data analysis, developing new or improved products and services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our educational content.
If you have any questions regarding your information or you would like to review and make corrections, updates, or deletions to your personal information stored by us, you may do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the contact information in the How to Contact Us section.
Links to Other Websites and ServiceWe are not responsible for the practices employed by websites, applications, or services linked to or from our websites and services.
How to Contact UsIf you have questions or comments about this policy or our privacy practices, you may contact our Data Privacy Officer, who is responsible for overseeing all questions related to this policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at:
Pitsco Education, LLC
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
915 E Jefferson St
Pittsburg, KS 66762-6012
United States of America
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
915 E Jefferson St
Pittsburg, KS 66762-6012
United States of America