Discovering Torsion Multipack
Type: Educational Toys
Discover all there is to know about torsion with this all-inclusive, hands-on multipack. In Discovering Torsion Ballista, build a model ballista and then put it into action as you test different masses of objects and fire for accuracy. In Discovering Torsion Catapults, build and experiment with your own catapult and then modify its abilities and compete to see how many objects you can knock over. Plus, use the extension activity to make a castle to launch projectiles at using your completed builds!
ENGINEER MEDIEVAL MACHINES
Your kiddos will walk through six exciting hands-on and step-by-step activities. Using these activity guides they will:
- Assemble a catapult and experiment with tension
- Learn about different classes of levers
- Implement the engineering design process to make their catapult mobile
- Design a game to hit as many targets as possible
- Build a ballista and then aim and fire
- Use different materials to make the best object to launch
- Test the accuracy of their ballista by hitting various targets
- Research careers in civil and mechanical engineering
- Create a castle and then attack or defend it like in the Middle Ages
WHAT PARENTS SAY
This kit was really enjoyable. The kids learned a lot and could tell me what they had done and why they had done it. This kit really seemed to be a favorite at our homeschool co-op!
My son had the best time building this kit and then added his own personal style and design. Kit includes a users guide which I found very helpful and lots of accessories to make it unique. Most of all it’s so much fun!
Simple instructions. The instructions seemed well laid out and simple to follow. They gave each step in simple terms and allowed for instructions to also teach. Great little kits.