Creating Bridges & Lifts Multipack
Type: Educational Toys
Let’s get constructing! This all-inclusive, hands-on multipack for middle-level kiddos has two kits: one all about truss bridges and the other about pneumatic lifts. In Creating Truss Bridges, you’ll construct a couple craft stick bridges and find out what it takes to break them. In Creating Pneumatic Lifts, you’ll learn how pneumatics and mechanisms work by constructing and operating a few of your own!
BECOME A CIVIL ENGINEER
Your kiddos will walk through six exciting hands-on and step-by-step activities. Using these activity guides they will:
- Learn how pneumatics and mechanisms work by constructing and operating a few of their own
- Problem-solve challenges like a real civil engineer
- Test which shape can withstand the most amount of force
- Build a truss bridge using craft sticks
- Sketch design ideas for a bigger bridge and record how much weight it can hold
- Learn about drive and actuator cylinders
- Construct a pneumatic system to raise a mechanism platform
- Improve their scissor lift with additions
- Design and build a telescoping mechanism for real-world relevance
WHAT PARENTS SAY
This kit was really enjoyable. The kids learned a lot and could tell me what they had done and why they had done it. This kit really seemed to be a favorite at our homeschool co-op!
My son had the best time building this kit and then added his own personal style and design. Kit includes a users guide which I found very helpful and lots of accessories to make it unique. Most of all it’s so much fun!
Simple instructions. The instructions seemed well laid out and simple to follow. They gave each step in simple terms and allowed for instructions to also teach. Great little kits.